Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Helping Mom

This morning was one of those morning where I had so much to do that I did not have my undivided attention on all the kids. This is usually recipe for big messes. When will I learn, right?

Yesterday we picked mulberries off the overloaded mulberry tree and have been looking up recipes, trying to decide what to make with them. In the meantime, the mulberries sat on the kitchen counter in a plastic pitcher waiting to be useful.

While I was making lunch, Emma found the mulberries and pulled them off the counter. I told her she could eat one, but she had to put it back after that. I didn't really follow through on making her put it back because I got distracted finishing lunch and keeping Drew happy until I could get his baby food. BIG MISTAKE!

During lunch I noticed the pitcher was completely empty. I asked Emma if she ate all of the mulberries. She said, "No, I filed them."  Um, come again? You filed them? Where? She pointed to the big accordion file that Jarod had left behind when he went to work this morning.

So, I spent the first part of nap time unfiling mushy mulberries from the accordion file. Good thing Jarod had take all of his important documents out of it already. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garage sale this weekend Friday and Saturday May 1-2 from 9am to 5pm both days! Check out the awesome website for advertising your garage sa...