Friday, November 20, 2009

Drinking and Driving

Once a month Krystin and I take the kids to Cherokee Hills Christian Church because they offer free child care for 3 hours.  Three hours have never gone so fast!  After picking the kids up tonight I started asking Emma "Do you know what a verb is?"  Yeah, I realize she's only 3 1/2 years old, but there is never a bad time to start learning the parts of speech.  Other than that I am a nerd (and a bit of word-smith by profession) I have no other reason to ask my three-year old about a verb, but Emma's grandma, the English teacher, will be proud.  The conversation:

Dad:  Emma do you know what a verb is?  Can you say verb?
Emma:  No.  Well, I can say VERB, but I don't know what it means.
Dad:  A verb is what we call words that are actions.  Like run, jump.
Mom:  A verb is something you can do.  You run, jump, skip, play.  Those are verbs.  Can you think of any verbs?
Emma:  Drink
Mom:  Yeah, great job!  Can you think of any others?
Emma:  Drive
Dad:  Great, the first verbs my daughter thinks of is drinking and driving.  Maybe I should re-think taking on DUI clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garage sale this weekend Friday and Saturday May 1-2 from 9am to 5pm both days! Check out the awesome website for advertising your garage sa...