Sunday, November 29, 2009

I need a job!!!

There is quite a battle at our house for top dog. Everyone wants to be in charge. Well, Drew doesn't care and Kaleb just wants to be left alone, so maybe it is just Emma and mommy fighting for power, oh, and the occassional interruption from Berni (our dog) trying to be in charge. Who does he think HE is anyway?

Tonight after an evening of Emma bossing Kaleb around, we found her putting him into a headlock trying to persuade him physically to do what she wanted. She, of course, was punished for this, but the crying that insued after being punished made me find a place to hide so I could laugh about it. She was crying, "I need a job, a real job, a really real job!" I had to find out what she was talking about.

Mommy: What do you mean Emma?

Emma: It's not fair! I have zero jobs, but you have one job and daddy has TWO jobs!

Mommy: What jobs does daddy have?

Emma: Daddy is an attorney, so he has to go to work for that. That is his first job, and his second job is to help you.

Mommy: What is my one job?

Emma: (pause). . . . . . ummmm, I don't know.
(I guess, I don't do enough, huh?)

Mommy: So what job do you think you need?

Emma: I want the job to tell Kaleb to clean up toys and get in his high chair.

Mommy: Oooh, sorry, Emma. That's my job.

Emma: I want a job like that. I want to be a mommy ALREADY!


Gee, I sure wish it were that easy and all I had to do was just boss little kids around! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Garage sale this weekend Friday and Saturday May 1-2 from 9am to 5pm both days! Check out the awesome website for advertising your garage sa...